OWNER

My photo
Philippines
Very much Filipina! My style is very feminine, romantic, and colorful. I love the classics. I may be of the latest trends but I still prefer the timeless! I am into color coordination. I like to clad in all things naughty and nice-- secretary dresses to skin showing bottoms, from barn girl to burlesque! So cheers to laces, ruffles, broderie anglaise, sheer trench, crochet and floral mixes!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

SEXES IN SEX


Let's talk sexy& scientifically.

Despite the fact that my banner's title (Sex, Lies, and Videotapes) is all that, this is actually the first entry that I have which talks about sex. No, I'm not horny and I have no plans of transcribing moans and groans into literature.

For most women, sex is often a consequence of love. Often times, they equate each other.

For most men, sex can be just sex. Love can be just love. Occasionally, they happen together.

Did you know that men and women perceive love and sex differently? Studies show that when a group of these two sexes where shown a picture of their sweethearts, the activated areas of the men's brain were not the same as the activated areas in the women's brain. Talk about hormones. Men have higher levels of Testosterone than women, by about 10-20 times (If i remember it right. lol!). This is why men's sex drive is strong and urgent. On the other hand, women have higher levels of Oxytocin than men. SO, what do i have to say?

Testosterone is responsible for your sex drive. It is the principal sex hormone. It plays a crucial role in sexual motivation/libido, energy levels and mood. In other words, it is directly proportional to your sex drive.

Oxytocin is the "cuddle" hormone. It is the known as the love chemical, too. So, high levels of this hormone result in greater sexual receptivity. Other than the known fact that Oxytocin helps the initiation of labor during pregnancy, it also helps in sexual stimulation and satisfaction.

As quickly as a man gets an erection, his already low level of Oxytocin further dissipates and testosterone level continue to increase. But during orgasm, both of them secrete large amounts of Oxytocin. Although, in men, they are significantly lower. This is the reason why most women believe that after-cuddles are of great importance, while most men think they are of limited appeal.

In love, however, it is very much different.

When a couple is in love, the men's testosterone levels decrease and their oxytocin levels rise to make the bonding fast-paced and quicker. This makes men become softer, gentler, and easier to deal with. This is what women call "best foot forward". At the same time, women's testosterone levels rise with the excitement of a blooming relationship. This makes women hornier. When this all ends, everything goes back to default settings. He wants more sex, she thinks he's a sex maniac. He think she's not satisfied, she thinks he doesn't really love her. This happens during the first 3-9months of the relationship.

Many relationships end during this stage. Sad, but true.

2 comments: