
Change is dynamic and constant. The ability to change is crucial for any form of life and whatever resists change is condemned to death.
It pervades every part of our world on our every scale. Your own body is changing as you read this message. It's scary, but true to itself. Change is the most powerful fear in our society. CONQUER the fear of change, and that puts you among the bravest people alive. Change is inevitable: you cannot stop it, neither can you escape it, not though you expend all the power of the mythological gods. You have a choice: you can resist change, and change will occur. Or, you can accept change, and change will occur.
Your topmost layers of skin are subtly dying, to be replaced by the skin beneath. Your hair is growing. In your stomach, food is being annihilated and transformed into useful fuel. The room around you is decaying. Dustmotes too small to see swirl and dance, gathering across every surface. The beverage next to your desk is slowly evaporating.
Macro-scale changes are similarly all-pervasive. The stock market is a chaotic storm of thrilling change. A continuum of wondrous new technology emerges, rises to power, and becomes obsolete as you watch. The slang and idioms of today are gradually canonized, and your very language slowly evolves. Politicians come and go, and in the larger time scale, their very parties come and go, and again larger scale, their very countries come and go.
At least once a day, I pray that I may be able to embrace the many changes in my life-- being single, finishing college, losing weight, and a few more changes to be thankful for. I am half of what I used to be, but a whole lot more. Sometimes the things we can't change, end up changing us instead. But maybe sometimes some people did not actually change, maybe we just never knew who they really were. Truth is that people change, and often they become the person they said they will never be. I was, but then I realized that I was holding on to something that didn't exist anymore. The things we like and dislike change. And we can wish wouldn't all day long, but that never works. Just as how it is to meet a thousand of people, and none of them will really touch you. And then you meet one more person, and then your life changes. Forever.
There are days when I wake up, and I think, "I want change" in all meanings of the phrase. I want to cut my hair short and dye it, or paint my eyelids in crazy colored eyeshadow, or talk to someone I admire but don't know well. I want catch a bus to an unknown place, or go to some place alone; but I can't garner the courage to do these things. I ought to be more free and worry less, or so I thought.
When you breathe, you inhale and exhale, but every single time that you do, you're a little bit different than the one before. We always change, and it's important to know that there are some changes that you can't control and that there are a few others that you can.

Very true :)
ReplyDeleteanoutputofeverything.blogspot.com