OWNER

My photo
Philippines
Very much Filipina! My style is very feminine, romantic, and colorful. I love the classics. I may be of the latest trends but I still prefer the timeless! I am into color coordination. I like to clad in all things naughty and nice-- secretary dresses to skin showing bottoms, from barn girl to burlesque! So cheers to laces, ruffles, broderie anglaise, sheer trench, crochet and floral mixes!

Friday, June 4, 2010

I WAS CONFINED


For 5days, I was in the hospital. I was confined from 31 May to 4 June. It was really sudden.

Earlier that Monday morning, I went to school to process my annual medical check-up for enrollment. I finished at around 10. My friends and I were on our way to have our Chest X-ray outside the campus. I felt nauseated, then I realized I was suffering from chest pain and had difficulty of breathing. I told my friend, Jennifer Ang: "Jen, I think I'm getting old already..'cause lately, these attacks keep on coming back. I think I have Asthma whatsoever." She may have thought it was just one of my many jokes. We walked farther, then I told them I needed to sit 'cause I felt like fainting and vomiting. Jen noticed I looked really sick. So I had to look for a seat. Few minutes after that, I still had my X-ray done. Then I texted mom to fetch me 'cause I couldn't stand any longer. She fetched me and I decided to go to Iloilo Doctors Hospital 'cause my cardiologist's clinic was located there. We went to the Emergency Room. Oxygen was administered immediately. My CBG result was 70 (Normal Range: 80-120). I looked really pale and my hands were really cold. The resident on duty gave me Skittles to increase my blood glucose level. My cardiologist ordered that I should be admitted and infused with an IVF immediately. I fell asleep. I woke up just in time for me to be transferred to my room. =D

Yesterday, I had my Zalpen injection for my Rheumatic Fever and I still have home meds. I'll be going back to my cardiologist for a follow-up visit on Thursday. I feel a little bit better now. I wasn't on a diet, whatsoever. Hay, it sucks to be sick! :s

1 comment: