
When you're young, you fathom the idea of having someone who would literally sweep you off your feet with good looks, wits, and a roll of bucks. Truth be told, every girl has her own version of a prince in his white horse, more of a knight in shining armor. As you age, however, you learn that a suave no-brainer doesn't really make so much impact on you, as with an unattractive dean's lister. As you get older, your standards change, either intensified or weakened.
I have this habit of asking the guys i like (and date) if they generally treat all the other girls like how they treat me. Not because I want to know if they're just putting their best foot forward. It's because I just want to know. I hate it when they say "This is the real me, I'm like this..I'm not pretending..The other girls are just friends, you're different..". Who are they trying to fool? Me? or themselves? HAHA! I hate that, not because I am easily jealous of the "other" girls. I hate that because I want to be the exception, not the rule.
I don't mean to brag or anything, but I could honestly say I like intellectual guys because I feel like I am just as though. I have dated guys who are actually teeny-boppy dates. Yes, I get attracted easily, but gets bored easily too. I enjoy having good conversations with highly intellectual men. I mean, that depends on how I define "GOOD". May be good as nice, good as naughty or good as..well, good. HAHA. Basta, I like being a brain stimulant, as well as being stimulated. My brain, that is.
Now, I abhor the idea of setting standards for dating or being in a relationship because I end up wanting those who aren't even half of what I set. Now, if you ask me what is my typical type of guy, I'd probably pull out with a smile and say: "Someone who is an exception, not a rule."

No comments:
Post a Comment