"We shall not grow wiser before we learn that much that we have done was very foolish." - F. A. HayekA few days ago, I had a conversation with mom. (Translated)
Mom: So when are you having yourself enrolled?
Me: Within this week, after I finish my clearance, which isn't even started yet.
Mom: How many subjects do you have this summer.
Me: Two.
Mom: Oh, good. That's just two. Less load.
Me: Yeah, could have been one had I not been DROPPED in Theology class.
Mom: WHAAT?!!!
Me: Hehe! I thought you already knew about that?
Mom: *KILLER LOOK*
In a growing and competitive world, it is incredibly essential to have a good quality of educational background, which is the major cause why earning a school diploma is becoming all the more necessary. When I was in high school, I didn't really take my studies seriously. Maybe that's why I wanted to give it a better try when I reached college. For 3 years now, I was always scared of failing my Nursing course. Now, I hate the fact that I failed Theology, considering I am a product of a Catholic School. I was .1 away from the passing grade. In case you're wondering why I was dropped, well.. I actually FAILED. LOL. But since my teacher asked me which (of DROPPED OR FAILED) would I like to appear on my transcript, I chose DROPPED. Both, however, would mean I have to take the subject again. DROPPED is just a little light-weighed compared to FAILED. HAHAHA. I regret waking up at 5:00AM during Mondays just to arrive on time for my Theology class, which starts at 7:00AM. Had I known that I would be dropped, I shouldn't have attended any of the meetings. Okay, it doesn't matter now 'cause I have to deal with the consequences of always being physically present but mentally absent. There were 20-something of us who failed, by the way. (Naghanap ng kakampi!) ;)
LESSON LEARNED:
The supposed purpose of education, as marketed by the education industry, is career advancement, higher pay, and empowering a college graduate's job search. This represents the current personal importance of education as determined by a few studies performed back when bureaucratic machines were still humming. Now, I realize how much of a jackassh I am for failing a minor subject. It's cliche, I know, but it worked for me. Not everyone gets the same privilege of going to school like I do. I might as well do what I do best, in the best way I can. I should have done that a long time ago. Sabi nga ng isang fan page sa Facebook, "NASA HULI ANG PAGSISISI" -- malamang!!! TRY MO MAGSISI SA SIMULA!! duh!"
ALL BECAUSE OF A 0.1 DIFFERENCE.
Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment