Pride is a conundrum: simultaneously evil and a blessing. While we encourage the children to take pleasure in hard-won successes, many consider pride the worst of the seven deadly sins.I’m not a relationship guru, and I don’t attempt to blanket effect the whole of humanity through my experiences. I just have my own experiences. Besides, how else are we to relate to the world except through individual experiences?
Pride keeps people apart. We know that if we humble ourselves and go to the other person and admit wrong doing, we will lose face, or so I thought. I have learned that I lose face by not admitting my error. We all have the "im-the-best-&-i-know-it-all-&-you-should-bow-down-&-kiss-my-feet" attitude, with a variety of percentage per persona.
It destroys everything – friendships, relationships, even yourself. Pride ends up all alone. Although there are times when pride becomes good and gets the better of us all. It simply shows that we value ourselves more than others do. But we can always weigh things down, right? Like how we can create an environment conducive for growing as a whole- an environment where we get a dose of everything in ample amount. Not too much, not too little.
Take a moment to reflect on this:
I asked God to take away my pride,
And God said, "No."
He said it was not for Him to take away,
But for me to give up.
SO, will you spit or swallow?

No comments:
Post a Comment